About Blog

Prayer 101

In this current climate, prayer is essential. Some of us may find it challenging to pray, or don't know where to start. If you find your...

Sunday, November 18, 2018

Servant for GOD

Good morning,

I was looking at a movie last night called "Same Kind of Different as Me". I always feel like I can be doing more as a Christian as far as giving back. I feel like I'm under utilized based on the talents GOD has blessed me with. These days it can be hard to give back or volunteer with the dangers of people taking advantage of you or just simply out to harm you. But I have learned to trust in my savior that he will protect me, and as long as I have a good heart and good intentions, I will be just fine. Many times we worry about, for instance giving to someone appearing to be homeless on the corner asking for money, are not really homeless, but actually scamming you to get your money, to go by drugs or alcohol. Here is the thing though that GOD put in my heart; I can't worry about what that person will do with the money I give them, what they do with it is between them and GOD. I only can worry about what 'I do', because when it's time for us to face GOD, and he ask us, "how often did you give to others?", you can't say, "well I didn't give to the homeless because I wasn't sure what they was going to do with the money". You are accountable for you. And the potential homeless scammer are accountable for themselves. So, as Jesus said in the bible before he spoke, "verily, verily" I say unto you, make sure you are an obedient servant, and follow what his word tells you to do. You only have control over you, you have no control over someone else. All you can do is pray for them, and hope that they are doing what's right in the eyes of GOD. 11-18-18


No comments:

Post a Comment